Qualified early years educator
Level 3 childcare and early education or equivalent
Sheringham Nursery School
London E12 5PB
0208 553 2479
Scale 4: £19,304- £20,365 pro-rata
36 hours per week, term time only
Sheringham is a highly successful Newham Nursery School, rated Outstanding by Ofsted. We have children on roll aged 2, 3 and 4-years old.
We are a National Teaching School and we offer excellent opportunities for your continuing professional development.
We are recruiting for a full-time early years educator.
- Are you a well-qualified early years practitioner with enthusiasm, energy and commitment to high quality early years education?
- Do you have a sound understanding of child development and the Early Years Foundation Stage, and a strong commitment to children learning through play, inside and outdoors?
- Are you positive about working in partnership with families in our diverse, multi-lingual community?
- Can you promote the inclusion of children with special educational needs and disabilities?
You must have a level 3 qualification in childcare and early education (or equivalent), with successful EYFS experience in a school or setting. You might be experienced or a new qualified.
- be skilled at listening to children and having conversations with them
- love playing with children and spending time outdoors with them in all weathers
- be able to promote children’s learning through our broad curriculum
- be able to maintain children’s ‘Special Books’ to a high standard
- be skilled and confident in working with parents
We can offer you a wonderful and well-resourced environment for learning inside and outdoors. We are a strong, experienced, hard-working and friendly staff team.
You are very welcome to come and visit, by appointment, or phone the headteacher (Julian Grenier) for an informal discussion on 020 8553 2479 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply, please ensure that you are available for interview on Wednesday 3rd July. Make sure that you complete an application statement that explains clearly why you have the experience and capability to work as an Early Years Educator in our team. No CVs and no agencies please.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Deadline for applications: midnight, Sunday 30th June
Interviews: Wednesday 3rd July at Sheringham Nursery School and Children’s Centre
Application form and further details please apply online.
The School has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to the community and the employment of people and expects all employees to understand and promote its policies in their work.
How to apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team 020 7427 8250. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.