Full Time Experienced Teachers (MPS or UPS)
To commence January 2020
Godwin Junior School is a successful, expanding three and four-form entry junior school in Forest Gate, Newham. We serve a vibrant and diverse community, where excellent relationships promote an inclusive, warm and secure environment where children feel safe and valued.
Central to the ethos and vision of our school is the belief that every child can achieve well and that it is our purpose to ‘prepare our children for lifelong success’. As members of the Whole Education network, we are committed to developing the whole child - not just achieving strong academic results, but also helping the children to explore and develop their artistic, drama, musical, debating and sporting talents. Our UNICEF Rights Respecting Schools status demonstrates our commitment to global citizenship in the school’s ethos, curriculum and after-school clubs.
We are seeking to appoint excellent teachers whose creativity and dynamism will inspire our highly-motivated pupils and help our school on the journey from ‘good’ to ‘outstanding’. If you are interested in being a key part of this vision please visit our website for more information and arrange to visit the school.
What makes us special?
- motivated children who enjoy learning
- an ethos in which all of our children are supported to discover their talents and be successful
- a dedicated, highly-skilled and welcoming team of teachers and support staff who constantly seek to ensure that all of our children thrive
- a leadership team who place our children at the heart of every decision
- a real commitment to high-quality professional development as part of the Newham North Learning Partnership
- a supportive, diverse community which contributes to our ethos
What makes you special?
- an excellent classroom practitioner with a track-record of accelerating pupil progress
- inspirational, creative and passionate about teaching
- committed to excellence, inclusion and high expectations for all
- an experienced and highly-motivated team-player
- reflective and committed to professional development
We offer the Inner London Weighting Allowance.
We are seeking to appoint experienced teachers who have been class teachers in the UK, not NQTs.
Candidates will be contacted upon receipt of application form.
Please see our website for more information about the school: www.godwin.newham.sch.uk
Visits to the school are very welcome. Please contact the School Business Manager, Mrs Kettle, on 020 8534 7601 or firstname.lastname@example.org, to arrange this.
The school is committed to safer recruitment practice & pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any employment is confirmed. The post is subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
The School has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to the community and the employment of people and expects all employees to understand and promote its policies in their work.
How to apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team 020 7427 8250. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.