Deputy Head teacher of Portway Primary School
Required for January 2020/April 2020
Leadership range 16 - 20
Portway Primary School is part of the Leading Learning Trust.
Chief Executive Officer – Emma Nicholls
Headteacher – Scott Chudley
We are looking to appoint a dynamic, innovative and outstanding Deputy Head to join the Leadership Team of Portway Primary School.
We welcome applications from experienced leaders who will:
- Undertake the day-to-day operational management of the school, as directed by the Head teacher;
- Support the Headteacher to formulate, communicate and deliver a strategic vision for our school;
- Work collaboratively with staff to ensure support of this vision and to encourage their own professional development;
- Put safeguarding at the heart of everything they do;
- Have a strong vision of what excellent teaching and learning looks like, and the energy, commitment and professional expertise to deliver this across the whole school;
- Encourages positive engagement of children, staff, parents and the wider community in the life of Portway Primary School.
We can offer you:
- Quality first professional development;
- Curious children, who love learning;
- A supportive, forward thinking, and dedicated team of colleagues;
- An energetic and sociable environment to work!
Visits to the school are most welcomed and considered essential. To arrange a visit and/or informal discussion about this post, please contact Scott Chudley – Head teacher on 020 84727142.
Please visit our website for further information about Portway Primary School.
Closing date for applications – 27th November 2019
Shortlisting - 28th November 2019
Interviews – 4th December 2019
Portway Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all our staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS. We are fully committed to safeguarding children. References and qualification checks will be undertaken.
The Leading Learning Trust has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to the community and the employment of people and expects all employees to understand and promote its policies in their work.
How to apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team 020 7427 8250. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.