Woodgrange Infant School
020 8534 2120
Temporary Full Time Teaching Assistant (maternity cover)
35/ 35.5 hours per week 8.30-4pm (1 day 4.30 by negotiation)
Term Time only
Scale 3 £16,815-£17,119
Woodgrange Infant school is looking for a Teaching Assistant to join our EYFS team from February.
This is a temporary position that has the potential to become permanent.
You must have:
- Evidence of your commitment to working with young children
- Relevant experience of working with children or young people outside of a home environment
- Energy, enthusiasm and patience
- A growth mindset- a willingness to try out new ideas and make them work for Woodgrange pupils
- Excellent spoken and written English
You might have:
- a degree and an interest in going on to teach
We can offer
- Wonderful pupils and parents
- Excellent team work
- A pleasant working environment
- The opportunity to develop your skills and expertise and become a teacher
Your role will involve supporting learning in classrooms, in groups or 1:1 under the direction of the class teacher or the Inclusion manager. It can be challenging and tiring but is EXTREMELY rewarding!
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged.
Please call Sarah Soyler, Headteacher to arrange a time.
Closing date 17th January
Interviews Tuesday 22nd January
Please apply online
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will be subject to full Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) clearance.
NPW, managing recruitment on behalf of Newham Schools
The School has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to the community and the employment of people and expects all employees to understand and promote its policies in their work.
How to apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team 020 7427 8250. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.