An opportunity has arisen for a Learning Mentor to join this outstanding school to support the fantastic work of our children and families.
You will need to demonstrate the following skills:
- Self-motivation and a positive role model
- An understanding of barriers to learning and the ability to help overcome these
- An understanding of safeguarding children and families
- Build appropriate relationships with both children and families
- To be able to work as part of a team and independently
- A proven record of working with young people of primary age is desirable
- Ability to engage constructively with young people and families/carers with different ethnic and social backgrounds
- Excellent communication skills
- A good sense of humour
In return we offer a friendly, professional school with appropriate CPD opportunities.
Brampton Primary School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any employment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Brampton benefits from the rich variety of cultures and traditions held by children, parents and staff. We are looking for staff who share our values and determination to ensure that mutual respect and equality for all is promoted.
Closing date: 29 January 2020
Interview: week beginning 10 February 2020
Start date: as soon as possible
Visits to the school are welcome. Please contact Lynn McCann on 020 472 0830.
The School has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to the community and the employment of people and expects all employees to understand and promote its policies in their work.
How to apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team 020 7427 8250. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.