Britannia Education Trust (Main Office at Britannia Village Primary School, West Silvertown, London E16 2AW)
Start date: 9th March 2020 to December 2020
Contract: Maternity cover – a minimum of 3 days per week. Potential for the contract to be extended after that (part time)
Reports to: The Executive Headteacher
Location: Newham, close to West Silvertown DLR station
Deadline: Closing Date: 29th January 2020. Interviews to be held week beginning: 3rd February 2020
Would you like to work in a creative, exciting and supportive learning environment?
We are looking for a passionate and highly skilled professional who can undertake a broad range of safeguarding related duties within our schools, working as part of a team but also working independently using their own initiative.
The Trust’s schools - Britannia Village Primary School and Royal Wharf Primary School are at the heart of one of the most dynamic and rapidly changing areas in Europe, serving a diverse and multicultural community. Britannia Village is an Ofsted outstanding two form entry school with class sizes of 20 (3 classes per year group) and 470 children on roll. Our brand new school – Royal Wharf Primary – opened in September 2019 and has a further 60 reception aged pupils and will grow year on year. At our core, is a strong nurturing ethos forming effective relationships with families and excellent links with the local community. We strive to make a real difference to the life chances of our pupils.
We are looking for candidates who share our ethos and are able to reach out and work with our families, building strong relationships between home, school and outside agencies. Candidates should have drive, ambition and a commitment to high standards with the confidence, knowledge and experience to step-in, support, nurture and make a difference. Our motto is ‘It takes a whole village to educate a child’. The successful candidate will play an essential part in ensuring that this happens on a daily basis and will be pivotal in supporting the development of pupils who may be facing a range of challenges preventing them from achieving their potential.
We value your personal development and you will be well supported with relevant training.
The following qualities are essential:
- Highly professional individual with integrity and sensitivity.
- Experience in dealing with confidential work.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills.
- Knowledge of relevant, up to date procedures & legislations and demonstrable ability to apply these to practice, especially in relation to safeguarding and child protection.
- Experience of assessments and childcare planning for children in need and their families in a multi-cultural environment.
- Managing a case load of Looked-After Children, Child Protection, Child in Need and Early Help cases.
- Ability to facilitate direct work with children and their families.
- Excellent communication skills with the knowledge and experience to deliver interventions for children and families.
- Effective liaison with other agencies and experience of multi-disciplinary work
- Having a flexible approach to organising workload.
- A warm, welcoming personality with a good sense of humour and drive to achieve the greater good.
Britannia Education Trust is committed to inclusion, equal opportunities, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo full and appropriate enhanced employment checks, disqualification declaration, qualifications and references.
Visits to the school are warmly invited. Please make an appointment to meet with the Executive Headteacher.
Please call or email Rachael Thackery, School Business Manager to arrange.
Telephone: 0207 511 5412
The trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, references will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
The School has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to the community and the employment of people and expects all employees to understand and promote its policies in their work.
How to apply
Application forms are available from the school website or email: firstname.lastname@example.org