Star Primary School
Star Lane, Canning Town, London, E16 4NH
Tel: 020 7476 5336
This is a rare opportunity to work at an innovative and inspiring school that values the role it plays in the holistic education of our pupils. We are a community focussed school looking to recruit excellent teachers from all phases. Easter or September 2020 starts available for strong teachers wanting to take their passion for education to the next level.
Star Primary School is a vibrant multi-cultural school committed to excellent educational provision. We deliver a Rights Based Curriculum with an extensive enrichment offer. Our school community has a strong ethos and shared vision, which lay the foundations for excellence in teaching and learning.
At Star we offer:
- Small class sizes in KS2 (no more than 23 pupils.)
- Very well staffed EYFS and KS1 provision
- Excellent transport links (Star Lane DLR station and close to tube)
- Opportunity to work with happy and well behaved children who are excited about learning
- Established support network from SLT and other teachers within the school
- High levels of mentoring and support for newly qualified teachers
- Excellent CPD opportunities, including lesson study cycles
- An employee assistance programme, SAS which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas.
- Inspiring playground and excellent facilities that reflect our holistic ethos and school values
- Innovative curriculum approaches such as Maths No Problem and Thinking Schools
- Focus on developing the whole child through a happy centred school curriculum
- Specialist teachers for sports and music
- A well-established staff wellbeing programme
What you will need to succeed:
- Be hard working and committed to securing the best outcomes for children
- Passion for teaching and learning seen through excellent practise and subject knowledge
- Positive outlook and interpersonal skills
- High expectations of yourself and the children
Visits to the school are very much encouraged. Please make an appointment to visit the school through Forhana Begum on 0207 476 5336.
Application forms are available from the school website directly or email: email@example.com Accompanying statements should outline candidate’s curriculum passion and expertise.
Closing Date: 12th February 2020
Interviews to be held on the 26th February 2020
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, references will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
How to apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.