REQUIRED BY: April 2020 or sooner
Selwyn Primary School is part of the Leading Learning Trust.
CEO: Emma Nicholls
Head teacher: Helen Mawer
Please visit our website for further information about Selwyn Primary School.
As a Teaching Assistant, you will:
- Support the education and welfare of pupils
- Work closely with class teachers to ensure the quality of teaching and learning is of an outstanding quality for all learners
- Work with small groups and individuals with specific learning needs
- Enthusiasm for working with children
- Experience of working with children with special needs and/or language and communication delay
- A sound knowledge of the Primary school curriculum
- Is hard working, flexible and able to work as part of a team
- High standards of English and Maths
- Can offer good to outstanding practice which engages and motivates pupils
- The ability to work effectively with children to raise standards of attainment and progress
- Is committed to Selwyn’s ethos of high expectations
We can offer the right candidate: excellent CPD and professional development opportunities within a vibrant, friendly and dedicated school community.
Closing date for applications:
Friday 28th February 2020
Interviews will take place:
Wednesday 11th March 2020
Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS. Further information about the disclosure can be found at:
www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service. We are fully committed to safeguarding children.
Selwyn is a medium-sized, inclusive school for children aged 3 to 11. Our school is the sponsor of the Leading Learning Trust. There are 510 pupils on roll including part-time nursery pupils. Selwyn is the Newham resourced school for deaf pupils who are fully integrated into mainstream.
Visits to our school are encouraged and are most welcome. Please contact Lucy Elliot on 020 8471 6173 to arrange a visit.
The Leading Learning Trust has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to the community and the employment of people and expects all employees to understand and promote its policies in their work.
How to apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team 020 7427 8250. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.