Experienced KS2 Class Teacher/Subject Lead required for September 2020
Dates: Apply by 4pm, Thursday 9th July 2020
Salary: Teacher Main Scale M1 – M6
A TLR allowance may be available for the right candidate
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Experienced KS2 Class Teacher/Subject Lead required.
St James' C of E Junior School is a vibrant, multicultural, multi-faith, friendly and ever improving school. We are a "good" school (Ofsted, May 2017) and we are proud of our children, the community we serve and the team which is St James'.
We are focused on raising standards through outstanding learning and teaching and we are looking to appoint an outstanding practitioner with a proven record of achieving good progress for the children they teach. This teacher will have at least two years' class teacher experience and be an enthusiastic, passionate hardworking individual. All applicants with a positive work ethic that are able to motivate themselves and others should apply.
The successful applicant will be:
- Able to demonstrate outstanding teaching skills
- Determined to help raise standards
- Highly motivated and hardworking
- Committed to working flexibly and effectively, as part of a team, in a supportive environment
- Willing to embrace, fully, all aspects of school life.
- A team player, open to coaching and mentoring.
We can offer:
- A friendly and supportive staff
- Pupils that....”behave well, care about each other and feel safe. They are polite and friendly, and enjoy talking about their learning. Pupils are rightly proud of their school and are excellent ambassadors. Across the school, pupils hold a variety of roles and enjoy the responsibility these offer (Ofsted May 2017)
- A welcoming caring community and a highly motivated professional staff team
- A pleasant working environment
- Subject leadership opportunities
- Excellent opportunities for professional development
- TLR for candidates with suitable experience
Visits to the school are warmly invited and actively encouraged. Please make an appointment to meet with the Co-Headteachers, Rose Boland-Bourne and Fiona Hall.
St. James' Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A full DBS disclosure is required.
Closing date for applications: 4pm, Thursday 9th July 2020
Shortlisting: week beginning Monday, 13th July 2020
Interviews and lesson observations will be arranged in due course.
St James' CE Junior School
Tower Hamlets Road, Forest Gate, London E7 9DA
Tel: 020 8534 4030
The School has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to the community and the employment of people and expects all employees to understand and promote its policies in their work.
How to apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team 020 7427 8250. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.