East London Research School
c/o Sheringham Nursery School
London E12 5PB
0208 553 2479
(Hours may vary depending on events running for the Research School, you could be asked to work mornings)
Start Date – ASAP
If you would like to apply for this role and the receptionist position, we would be willing to combine the roles to make a full time position working 52 weeks.
Sheringham Nursery School and Children’s Centre co-leads the East London Research School.
Research Schools are all about developing evidence-based practice and bringing research closer to schools. The East London Research School is the only Research School north of the river in London.
The Research Schools Network is a partnership between the Education Endowment Foundation (EEF) and the Institute for Effective Education (IEE).
Research schools are not separate institutions: they are hubs based within existing schools.
Their job is to build and strengthen networks of schools and help them access high-quality education research and implement it in everyday classroom practice.
Research schools have three key aims: communication, training and innovation.
The ideal candidate should:
- Be well organised and able to co-ordinate events and meetings
- Be able to use their initiative and be enthusiastic about the role
- Have excellent written and spoken English, which are essential for the role
- Be familiar with using Google Drive and MailChimp, or be willing to learn
- Have experience in using social media to market and advertise events, or be willing to learn
We are recruiting for a part time research school admin to work in our team providing admin support for the East London Research School.
You are very welcome to phone the headteacher (Julian Grenier) for an informal discussion on 020 8553 2479 or email email@example.com
Before you apply, please ensure that you are available for interview on the date below. Make sure that you complete an application statement that explains clearly, why you have the experience and capability to work as a receptionist in our team. No CVs and no agencies please.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will undergo an enhanced DBS check.
- Deadline for applications: midnight, Sunday 5th July
- Shortlisting: Monday 6th July
- Interviews will be socially distanced on: Monday 13th July at Sheringham Nursery School and Children’s Centre
The School has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to the community and the employment of people and expects all employees to understand and promote its policies in their work.
How to apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team 020 7427 8250. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.