We are looking for an enthusiastic, reliable and dedicated Site Supervisor to join St James' C of E Junior School. Previous experience in a school environment would be an advantage. The role will include key-holding duties, maintenance of the school buildings and site, health and safety checks, cleaning checks etc. The post holder is responsible for ensuring that the school is prepared at the end of the day, ready for school the following morning.
An element of out of hours’ work might be required from time to time for events taking place beyond the normal school day.
Previous experience of a site maintenance role would be desirable.
The successful candidate will need to have:
- A knowledge and understanding of specific premises issues e.g. security systems, heating systems.
- Ability to competently and safely carry out a range of everyday DIY jobs.
- Ability to safely use basic power tools and other equipment to make minor repairs and improvements.
- An understanding of different cleaning methods.
- Ability to deal with emergencies and unexpected events in a calm, safe and systematic manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) to a reasonable standard.
- Ability to devise a suitable record-keeping system for monitoring expenditure and stock levels.
- Understanding to take further training, where necessary, and apply it to current position.
We can offer:
- A friendly, supportive and professional team.
- A pleasant working environment.
- Opportunities for development.
St James’ is committed to the safeguarding of its pupils and employees. References will be obtained before the interview and the successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: Friday, 10th July 2020 at 2pm
Interviews: Week beginning 13th July 2020
The School has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to the community and the employment of people and expects all employees to understand and promote its policies in their work.