Star Primary School
Star Lane, Canning Town, London, E16 4NH
Tel: 020 7476 5336
This is your opportunity to work at an innovative and inspiring school that values the role it plays in the holistic education of our pupils. We are a community focussed school looking to recruit excellent teachers from all phases. Easter or September starts available for strong teachers wanting to take their passion for education to the next level.
At Star we offer:
- Small class sizes in KS2 (no more than 23 pupils.)
- Excellent transport links (Star Lane DLR station and close to tube)
- Opportunity to work with happy and well behaved children who are excited about learning
- Established and committed support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school
- High levels of mentoring and support for newly qualified teachers
- Excellent CPD opportunities, including lesson study cycles
- An employee assistance programme, SAS which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas.
- Brand new playground and excellent facilities that reflect our holistic ethos and school values
- Innovative curriculum approaches such as Maths no problem and Thinking Schools
- Focus on devloping the whole child through a happy centred school curriculum
- Specialist teachers for sports and music
What you will need to succeed:
- Dedication to ensure that all our children achieve their very best
- Passion for teaching and learning seen through excellent practise
- Positive outlook and interpersonal skills
- High expectations of yourself and the children
Visits to the school are warmly invited. Please make an appointment to visit the school through the school office.
Application forms are available from the school website directly or email: firstname.lastname@example.org Accompanying statements should outline candidate’s curriculum passion and expertise.
Closing Date: Friday 18th January 2019
Interviews to be held on the Monday 28th January 2019
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, references will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
How to apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team 020 7427 8250. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.