Star Primary School
Star Lane, Canning Town, London, E16 4NH
Tel: 020 7476 5336
This is your opportunity to work at an innovative and inspiring school that values the role it plays in the holistic education of our pupils. We are specifically looking for an SEN Teaching Assistant with good knowledge and experience working with children with special needs. The successful applicant will play a key role in enhancing the learning and emotional development of our SEN children. This could be supporting the whole class, small groups or one to one support with a child with specific needs.
SEN Teaching Assistant
Full-time 32.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
At Star we offer:
- Small class sizes in KS2 (no more than 23 pupils.)
- Excellent transport links (Star Lane DLR station and close to tube)
- Opportunity to work with happy and well behaved children who are excited about learning
- Excellent CPD opportunities
- An employee assistance programme, SAS which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas.
- Brand new playground and excellent facilities that reflect our holistic ethos and school values
To be eligible for the SEN Teaching Assistant position you must:
- SEN Experience essential
- Teaching Assistant experience beneficial
- Minimum grade C in Maths and English
- Passion for education and supporting students
The SEN Teaching Assistant position will involve:
- Working with an Autistic Child 1:1
- Working with the class-teacher, SENCO and external agencies.
- Aiding students of all ability, from mild SEN to high-achievers
Visits to the school are warmly invited. Please make an appointment to visit the school through the school office.
Application forms are available from the school website directly or email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 28/01/2019
Interviews to be held on w/b 04/02/2019
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, references will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check.