Year 6 class teacher
To start 23rd April 2019
We are looking for an experienced and creative teacher who has the knowledge and skills to support our journey in taking our school beyond outstanding!
(Ofsted Outstanding 2012/2013)
POST: Experienced Year 6 Class Teacher
Salary: Teacher Pay & Conditions – Inner London Pay Scale
Contract: Full Time, Permanent – available to work from 23rd April 2019
Location: Britannia Village E16 Newham, nearest station West Silvertown DLR
Application Closing Date: 27th February 2019 Interviews: w/c 4th March 2019
Would you like to work in a creative, exciting and supportive learning environment?
Britannia Village Primary School is a 2 form entry primary school at the heart of one of the most dynamic and rapidly changing areas in Europe and is currently seeking an experienced, motivated and enthusiastic teacher to join our forward-thinking team.
We strive to make a real difference to the life-chances of our pupils. We truly believe in our motto – ‘It takes a whole village to educate a child’ and so have excellent links with our families and community partners. We are looking for experienced candidates who have the same ethos with drive, ambition and a commitment to hard work and high standards.
Suitable candidates must have:
• an excellent understanding and application of the English language at degree level
• an excellent knowledge of the curriculum tested through KS2 SATs
• specific training and proven success in small group interventions
• experience of teaching Singapore Maths
• excellent subject knowledge across the full range of national curriculum subjects
• proven experience and success teaching EAL pupils in an inner city context
• commitment to attending the five day Year 6 residential
• the ability to nurture and counsel Year 6 students
• the ability to plan and teach PE across all Year 6 classes
• dance and choreography skills
Britannia Village Primary School is committed to inclusion, equal opportunities, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo full and appropriate enhanced employment checks, disqualification declaration, qualifications and references.
We welcome visits to the school.
Please call or email Rachael Thackery, School Business Manager to arrange a visit or request an application pack.
Telephone: 0207 511 5412
The School has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to the community and the employment of people and expects all employees to understand and promote its policies in their work.
How to apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team 020 7427 8250. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.