Required: Immediate Start - School Assistant Cook
Education Links are currently looking for an Assistant Cook with a can do attitude for our 5 star rated school kitchen.
All applicants will need to have or willing to go through an enhanced DBS along with references and have a clean driving licence with own vehicle in order to travel across our three sites.
- Salary range: SP.21 £20,369.60 – SP. 24 £22,250.91 (pro-rata 46 weeks per annum)
- 40 hours per week = Monday to Friday term time, plus 2 weeks during school holiday
- Immediate start for the right candidate
- Closing date 29th March 2019
The overall purpose of Job
To assist with the planning, preparing, and delivery of nutritionally balanced school meals
Role and accountabilities
- To assist with menu planning and portion control.
- The postholder reports to school cook.
- To assist with the preparation and cooking of food.
- To possess and undertake hygiene and all relevant training courses as required.
- To assist in the ordering and receipt/checking of food.
- To ensure that all supplies of food and equipment and cleaning materials are of the right standard; to check on all deliveries on receipt.
- To ensure the health, hygiene and security of all personnel on the premises, according to the schools food management safety system.
- To ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all kitchen and dining room equipment; to organise and take part in all necessary cleaning.
- To assist in the control of costs through minimising wastage.
- To assist with the maintaining of necessary records e.g. stock taking ensuring that it’s completed and returned on time as directed.
- To liaise, as directed, with catering suppliers, EHO, school business manager and others concerned with the running of the services.
- To provide reciprocal cover within the Catering service where required, and to work across all sites as directed to do so.
- To understand the DfE’s school food in England advice.
- To deal with complaints arising from the delivery of the service in a timely manner.
- Such other duties, within the competence of the postholder, which may be required, reasonably, from time to time.
All applications will need to be made in reference to the Assistant School Cooks’ Job Description and Person Specification
An application pack can be obtained from our website: http://www.education-links.org/
Please return the completed application form along with a personal statement to: Office@education-links.org
Closing date: 29th March 2019
Interviews will be held on: 4th April 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
We are committed to and champion equality and diversity in all aspects of employment with Newham Partnership Working and the London Borough of Newham. All employees are expected to understand and promote equality and diversity in the course of their work.
How to apply
Please download application and submit to: Office@education-links.org