Performing Arts Lead - based at Selwyn, working across the Trust
Selwyn Primary School is part of the Leading Learning Trust. Our school is led by our Head teacher, Helen Mawer. The CEO/Executive Head teacher is Emma Nicholls (based at Selwyn).
Please visit our website for further information about Selwyn Primary School, and see our Facebook page and Twitter account for a glimpse into life at school.
We are looking for a skilled teacher to to lead the performing arts curriculum across the Leading Learning Trust. Key requirements of the post are:
- Working in partnership with school staff to design and deliver an engaging and broad performing arts curriculum, to be embedded at both Selwyn and Portway Primary School.
- Develop, showcase and celebrate performing arts across the Trust.
- Work effectively with school staff, external agencies and suppliers in order to develop the best possible performing arts curriculum.
Interested in this new, developing role, where you can deploy a wide range of skills in order to make our school an even better place to learn and work? We would love to hear from you if you are:
- Committed to the vision Selwyn Primary School and the Leading Learning Trust;
- Proactive and organised;
- Adaptable and a quick learner, who is eager to get involved in new things;
- Able to work effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, suppliers and partners, ensuring that you get the best outcome for the school and its children;
- Able to manage small projects, ensuring that they are delivered; and
- Able to manage a team of office staff to ensure that they are develop and grow, whilst delivering work of a high standard at all times.
We can offer the right candidate excellent CPD and professional development opportunities including pathways into furthering your leadership potential (across our Trust) within a vibrant, friendly and dedicated school community.
Advert closes for applications - midnight on 26.04.2019Shortlisting - 29.04.2019
Interviews - 03.05.2019
Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS. Further information about the disclosure can be found at www.crb.gov.uk and in the recruitment pack. We are fully committed to safeguarding children.
Selwyn is a medium-sized, inclusive school for children aged 3 to 11. There are 480 pupils on roll including part-time nursery pupils. Selwyn is the Newham resourced school for deaf pupils who are fully integrated into mainstream.
Visits to our school are encouraged and are most welcome; please contact our school office to arrange to come and see us.
The Leading Learning Trust has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to the community and the employment of people and expects all employees to understand and promote its policies in their work.
How to apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team 020 7427 8250. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.