JOB DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE - TEACHER OF CHILDREN WITH SEN
Grade: TLR2 or 1 SEN or 2 SEN depending on qualifications
REQUIRED BY - September 2019 or as soon as possible
LOCATED AT – Selwyn Primary School, which is part of the Leading Learning Trust.
CEO - Emma Nicholls
Head teacher – Helen Mawer
Please visit our website for further information about Selwyn Primary School.
We are looking for a practitioner and leader with:
To play an active and effective role as Key member of the Inclusion Team.
● To meet standards for teachers including demonstrating high quality teaching, modelling and demonstration of lessons, and within this role to act as a member of the Inclusion Team.
● To teach children with a range of special educational needs either individually or in small groups. This will require secure knowledge of effective approaches to teaching and learning for SEND children; identification of all levels of need, planning, modelling, delivering and reviewing appropriate and effective interventions, which ensure maximum curricular access and progression.
● To work proactively with the head teacher and other staff to promote the achievement of SEND children and to do this in a way which fosters partnership working and successful transition between settings.
● In collaboration with the SENCO, to manage support staff (Teaching Assistants and Communication Support Workers).This will include timetabling, provision mapping, prioritising work with pupils, staff appraisal and CPD.
● In collaboration with Inclusion Team, to support mainstream teachers with effective planning and assessment of SEND children.
● To liaise with parents and other agencies, such as the medical profession, social workers, speech and language therapists, occupational therapists and educational psychologists.
● To develop and implement the school’s action plan for Inclusion, in line with the school policies and development plan. To work flexibly within the Inclusion team to further develop the school’s ethos.
We can offer the right candidate: excellent CPD and professional development opportunities including pathways into furthering your school leadership within a vibrant, friendly and dedicated school community.
Closing date for applications:Friday 19th April 2019
Interviews will take place during the week commencing: Monday 22nd April 2019
Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS. Further information about the disclosure can be found at www.crb.gov.uk and in the recruitment pack. We are fully committed to safeguarding children.
Selwyn is a medium-sized, inclusive school for children aged 3 to 11. Our school is the sponsor of the Leading Learning Trust. There are 510 pupils on roll including part-time nursery pupils. Selwyn is the Newham resourced school for deaf pupils who are fully integrated into mainstream.
Visits to our school are encouraged and are most welcome
The Leading Learning Trust has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to the community and the employment of people and expects all employees to understand and promote its policies in their work.
How to apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team 020 7427 8250. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.